Monday 8 July 2013

To carb or not to Carb??

I always tell people you can't cut Carbs out of your diet. It may make you slimmer a bit quicker but it doesn't make you healthier...Why look good but feel bad? Well if you don't believe me this is what the NHS have to say

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/Pages/starchy-foods.aspx

I always say slow progress is better than no progress!! And right now I feel like progress could really do with a kick up the backside and hurry up lol but it wont stop me from being healthy cause I feel great!!

Some days I lay off the Carbs and it doesn't have a negative effect per say. However my energy levels are just thumbs all the way down. Carbs are a natural energy source. SO to avoid being tired at work, uni, college doing your work out or whatever you do through out the day eat them Carbs boo!!

And let me put it out there right from now! Eat carbs as part of a balanced diet! Nothing justifies eating white rice 3x a day 5x a week!! We may be reading this and think no one does that lol but ooooo it would Shock you!!

So here are some good Carbs for you..

Sweet Potato (eat it with the skin for more fibre)
Wholemeal bread
Seeded Bread
Oats
Brown Pasta
Brown Rice
Cous Cous
Granola
Fibre Based Cereals

Also when eating Carbs Portion control is key. Always have more veg and protein! Its not normal that we eat carbs and then fall asleep. Reason that happens is because the body doesn't need the amount of Carbs you give it it stores it in your system and causes a shut down.

Anyway I hope this has been useful to some.

No comments:

Post a Comment