Friday 17 May 2013

Get Juiced Up!!


 New Detox Juice!!!

Last week I needed a Detox. I typically don't like Detox tea and I wasn't about to spend lots of money of Detox products. So instead I decided to make this Amazingly Yummy Detox Juice.
So here is the Ingredients....

130g of Spinach
1 red apple
1 frozen Banana
7 grapes
150ml of freshly squeezed Orange Juice
Fresh lemon

What makes this a detox is the Spinach, Orange Juice and Fresh Lemon. the rest of the ingredients are there for its natural sugars to give it a yummy taste.

Green Berry!!- YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!!





This Juice right here was just DIVINE!!!!

I call it the Green Berry Juice because its but Full of Berrys.

Ingredients
130g Spinach
1 frozen Banana
3 Strawberrys
1 red apple
7 grapes

This has been Hands down my tastiest Juice. This and My detox Juice!! Try it out and let me know what you think!!




The fact is Juicing is good for your health. Packed with enzymes, vitamin E,  Iron, copper, potassium, calcium, sodium, iodine, and magnesium; whats not to love about a fresh fruit and Veg Juice. 

For the past 2 months I have been juicing away with my beautiful Andrew James Juicer (picture above). RRP price £99.95 but of course I got it brand new off Amazon for £31.99! 
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Andrew-James-Professional-Juicer-Cleaning/dp/B003Q82Q3C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368780255&sr=8-2&keywords=juicer
If you do not have a juicer use a blender and sieve the juice into a cup ;)

I am going to share some of my favorite Juices with you.

Summer time Fly 
This Uber sweet and Tasty Juice is my Summer time fly Juice. Its refreshing, tasty and light and a great side to a lovely lunch.

I believe that every Juice should have some greens in it. But for those of you who do not like the look of greens and do not want to taste it this is a perfect Juice for you! with no added sugar but full of naturally sweet fruit, this is my sweetest Juice designed for all my sweet tooth Juicers.

Ingredients

1 orange
2 handfuls of frozen berrys
1 carrot
120g of spinach
50g of Kale
half of a banana (frozen or fresh)
1 handful of red seedless grapes.

Serves 1

All you have to do is put it into your juicer or blender and juice it until it is smooth!! Enjoy!!

                                                              Wake me Up Juice




Wake me Up Juice is the perfect Morning juice!! this green beauty is an iron Bursting explosion.
And oh if I may add it is very very tasty!!

Ingredients

2 table spoons of fat free yogurt 
2 carrots
100g of spinach
1 Banana
1 clementine
50g of Kale
1 Apple

Serves 1

This juice is nice and Thick and can be consumed as a mid morning Snack, Afternoon snack or Before a nice work out! But of course how or when you have it is up to you! (Although it is thick it's not suitable for a meal replacement. To make it a meal replacement add some oats to the mixture- Green Oats could be fun ey!)


                                                                     Berry Surprise

  This is another refreshing Juice! Taste and looks good! This Juice can also be made into an ice-lolly if you have a Popsicle maker. It's full of Vitamins and antioxidants. Enjoy!

Ingredients

3 handfuls of frozen berrys
3 strawberries
cranberries
1 handful of blackcurrants
50g Spinach
50g Kale
1/2 lemon 
Ice Cubes 
                                                                  Green Juice




Now these are two different green juices! both look pretty green but one is sweeter than the other. 
Both juices contain almost 200g of greens. Now as you can tell I love Spinach and Kale. I haven't explored adding any other greens just yet. 

Ingredients for Juice 1 (left hand side)
200g of Spinach 
1 green apple 
2 oranges 
2 strawberry's  
Serves 1

Ingredients for Juice 2 (Right hand side)- Sweeter Juice

150g of Spinach 
1 bannana
2 oranges 
1 carrot
handful of grapes 
Serves 1

Both Juices are equally high in Iron and Calcium. If you are lactose intolerant or cutting back on Dairy raw Spinach juices are an amazing way to boost you calcium up. 
 

FAQ!!! - when is the best time to have a juice? My answer is anytime of the day! 
As stated above, some juices are good before or after a work out. 
Green juices especially are good for the bones and blood flow. For extra goodness to the bones throw in one baby sweet potato in there! I find that after an intensive work out my body is still pumped up! To get the blood circulating the way it needs to be and also to avoid that dizzy feeling you get, it is important to COOL DOWN after a work out (cool down exercises include stretching and gentle low speed cardio) and I believe that a green juice is the extra boost needed to get your blood pumping right! oh and if I may add! Greens have been proven to help speed Weight Loss!
(Pic of me above is over 20lb lighter than I was on the 1st of March Before and after pictures will be up soon)









No comments:

Post a Comment