Tuesday 28 May 2013

Treat yourself!! Dessert time baby!!

Well I haven't got much of a sweet tooth myself... But I do however love the occasional treat!!

It's spring time well..it's meant to be and sometimes you just want a big old bowl of ice cream...or it's movie night and you want to stuff your face with some chocolate and cookies!!

I'm sorry to say that I can't find an alternative to stuffing your face but I can't find one for some healthy cookies and a frozen desert!!

So lets get deserting!

I'm gonna start off with a very simple..no need for the ingredients recipe!
Frozen yogurt and fresh fruit!
Now everything I eat has a story behind it lol...it was a Thursday night and I just came back from the gym. I wasn't working the following day and I never had any meetings or lectures so that night was my chill night...I had some women issues (use your imagination to guess what issues I am in about) and I was craving some ice cream!! Like really craving it!! Now my plan was to go to sleep and move on but of course that never happened!! So I jumped in my car and went to Sainsbury's with a plan!
#PlanGetAllTheHealthySnacksAndOverdose.... Well luckily I never did that..you know everything in moderation and all! 
Instead I walked straight to the freezer and picked up the 1% fat you moo frozen yogurt!(if you go to pinkberry you can get the fat free tub) It was £3.49 for a 750ml tub of guilt free pleasure. Picked up a banana to go with it and walaaaa



Flavours available - vanilla, strawberry, tropical and berry

(Btw I have decided to purchase my very own frozen yogurt maker. I will let you know what I think once the bad boy is in my arms)

Peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip Oatmeal cookies.

Now that is one long title!!....if you like cookies then this cookie it certainly something you should try! if however you are allergic to peanut butter or by some confusion in your taste buds just don't like it then I afraid this cookie is not an option for you.

Before I start let me shout out my mate Larry who I borrowed this recipe and the picture from! He baked it and Sarah ate it. Nom Nom Nom


Ingredients
  • 1 cup Peanut Butter
  • 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 2/3 cup rolled oats
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/3 cup chocolate chips 
  1.  Preheat the over gas mark 7
  2. Mix baking soda and the oats in a bowl 
  3. Beat the Peanut butter, Eggs, Vanilla and sugar until it is smooth. Add the chocolate chips
  4. Mix all the ingredients together 
  5. Roll the mix into a small ball and put it on you baking tray. 
  6. Bake for 10 minutes 
Equipment - Baking tray, Mixing Bowls

Makes 20 Cookies.
And wallllaaa your flour-less, No butter Low in Fat, High in Protein and Fiber Tasty Cookies



1 comment:

  1. this looks yummy!
    buying a frozen yoghurt/ice cream maker is a really good idea - you can also make low sugar sorbets and granitas which are just as flavour-ful as icecream (if not moreso) and packed with fruit!
    frozen bananas are supposed to be good icecream subs as well x x x

    ReplyDelete